Wednesday, November 29, 2017

“Whoever is trying to bring you down, is already below you.”
 ~Unknown



"Ideas are like rabbits. You get a couple and learn how to handle them, and pretty soon you have a dozen."
~John Steinbeck


Where Am I?
    By Dakota Girard

The aroma of the greasy chicken breasts disperses throughout the area.
Red and white colors fill the room as I glance about.
Volumes of voices grow louder as families fight for the final piece.
Observant, I witness the laughs and full mouths of families here to enjoy a meal
I gently pick up the packaging from my meal.
I start to unravel eager to fill my stomach with the mess in front of me.
The wrapper, greased and slimy, slips from my grasp.
In an embarrassing frenzy, I dig in.
Only to taste the tenderness of my chicken from _______.

No comments: