Thursday, February 11, 2016

Wedding Conversation by Julia Johnson

Wedding Conversation

A light blue ribbon intertwined with white lace is the first thing I noticed as the sales person talked nonsense. I tuned her out, mesmerized by the dress, and I walked straight towards the mannequin who wore the most beautiful article of clothing I’d ever seen.
“Car, that’s the one” my sister struggled to say the words aloud.
“I know” I whispered, worried that I would jinx myself. “Can I try it on?”
“Of course, of course!” the irritating saleswoman responded.
She took the dress down and led us to the dressing room. I couldn’t believe how easy that was. It seemed a bit too easy though, something in my gut was telling me I shouldn’t get my hopes up.
But maybe I was wrong.
I hoped I was wrong.


No comments: