Thursday, March 12, 2015

Deity by Kate Parisi


Is he here with me now, do you suppose?
I catch glimpses of him in the most crowded of dreams.
Have you let him come home to visit?
It’s probably just my silly imagination.
Or was that his laugh I heard to my right?

No.

It was just the whisper of breeze
dancing through the drapes.

Surely.

I suppose it wasn’t his smile I saw in the crowd the other day;
the brilliant white sun dancing off his toothy grin
creating a beautiful prism of our life together.

But how could it not have been?

Is it possible that he never even left?
I had hoped that he wouldn’t,
It’s just that the world seems remarkably colder since.

Please.

Just tell me if he’s still here.
I almost know the answer,
but I need to know for sure.

Is this all for real, God,

or just my mind’s deranged cure?

No comments: