Monday, March 26, 2012

Insomniac's Night by Nicole Dahlmer

Insomniac’s Night

The sun is now asleep and once again I am left awake, staring longingly out my
bedroom window at the gleaming stars high above me, jealous of their superior state, and
as I daydream of soaring up above with them, my eyelids droop but they just will not
close, and my mind become a bit foggy as the minutes tick and tock to hours, yet I’m still
rolling around in bed and pacing around on my rug and, quite frankly, I’m tired of it- no
pun intended- like how I’m stuck with these badgering thoughts zipping around my head
like their sole purpose is to keep me from resting, and my body can’t take many more of
these nights that cause it to ache with exhaustion, but the most troublesome of these is the
Pest in my brain that keeps running and shrieking and nagging me until the insulting
remarks become so loud I feel as if my head is about to explode, but then after I think I
can’t take any more, the stars twinkle less and the sun awakes, which makes the Pest
quiet down, allowing me to finally drift into a heavenly state of unconsciousness.

No comments: